The Hardman Killarney 10-mile
September 29, 2018
- Staring in the grounds of St. Brendan’s college you will run a lap on the proposed track. Before exiting left through the gate.
- Run along the Bishop’s path with the Cathedral on your right.
- At the end of the path you will go right at the large gates following the footpath across the front of the Cathedral.
- Cross the road into the Demesne through the large gates.
- Taking an immediate right onto the new Fossa passing the children’s playground.
- On arriving at the Castlerosse there is a right turn followed by a left turn into and straight through the car park.
- Run over the incline beside the hotel and follow the road to Victoria Cottage.
- Immediately after Victoria Cottage keep left through the trees and onto Knockreer Hill.
- At the bottom of Knockreer Hill, near the cottage turn right into the park.
- Run through the park to the hydration station near the bridge.
- Turn right at the bridge and follow the River Walk and the lakeshore path all the way to Ross Castle.
- Run over the footbridge past the hydration station on to Ross Island. Ross Castle is on your right.
- At the first Y-junction keep right and continue around the island to the T-junction with the lake on your right hand side.
- Turn right at the T-junction and run past the copper mines.
- Keep right at all junctions until you return to Ross Castle and the hydration station. Do not Cross the Bridge.
- Turn left on to the Ross Road and continue until Reen Cottage (750m) where you will turn left into the Knockreer Demesne in Killarney National Park.
- Run through the wood until you come to the hydration station near the bridge where you will turn right along the River Walk.
- At the bridge turn left up a slight incline.
- At the junction near Deenagh Cottage turn right to face the cathedral.
- Run across the bridge and follow the route in reverse right back to the finish line.
When does the 10 mile take place?
Saturday the 29th of September 2019 at 9:00am.
How many places are available?
Will anything be posted out beforehand?
No. Numbers, chip, t-shirts will all be collected at registration.
What about medals?
Only when you finish.
When does registration take place?
Friday the 28th from 5-7pm at the Portwest Store Killarney
Saturday the 29th from 7-8.30am at St. Brendan’s College
Is my entry transferable/refundable?
No. Once you enter there is no refund and no transfer.
Are there changing facilities/showers/parking available on the day?
Showers and parking available at the school.
Where does the race begin?
The race begins on the Port Road in Killarney close to the Ballydowney roundabout.
Where does the race finish?
The race finishes with a lap along the proposed track inside the school grounds.
Will there be pacers on the day?
Are there hydration stations on the course?
Yes, at 3 miles and 7 miles approximately.
What is at these stations?
Has the course been measured with a Jones counter?
Yes, it has been professionally measured and certified.
Are there prizes for the top finishers?
There are prizes for the top 3 men and the top 3 women.
Are there any good viewing points for spectators?
Many. Aghadoe is a very good one. The playground/Deenagh lodge area are probably the best as it gives spectators time to get to the finish line before the competitor finishes.
What happens at the finish line?
When you finish there you will be presented with your medal. There is a finisher’s area at the line where competitors can relax and enjoy a hot drink, sandwich, fruit, chocolate bars etc.
When is the prize giving?
At the finish area 29th of September.