The Hardman Killarney 10-mile
September 29, 2018
- Begin in the grounds of the historic St. Brendan’s College and turn right onto Bishop’s Path and right onto the New Road (traffic closed).
- Turn left at the Garda Station onto the Rock Road for a 300m gradual incline.
- Run through the N22 Cleeney Roundabout (traffic held).
- Turn left onto Madam’s Hill for a steep 250m before turning left into the Aghadoe road.
- A gentle incline for .75 mile elevates each runner to the first viewpoint at Aghadoe Heights.
- Then a quick downhill stretch (.6 miles) past the German Butchers and left with a further downhill of 200 metres to the Gold Nugget Pub.
- Care required here as Stewards/Safety Marshals facilitate entrance to the Fossa Way and Killarney National park.
- Three beautiful miles (relatively flat on the newly tarred pathway past the Castlerosse, Knockreer Pitches and Playground brings the runner to Dennagh Cottage).
- Turn right up the steep incline past Killarney House to Cnoc na R and the 2nd the Park.
- Gradual downhill and left through the Parkland.
- Turn right at the cattle grid and left at the Queen’s Bridge.
- Follow the Deenagh River path.
- Over the King’s Bridge onto the public road at Cathedral place.
- Turn left onto the Bishop’s path, past the Cathedral, the Bishop’s Palace.
- Turn right through the gates into the grounds of St. Brendan’s.
- Complete the final 250m on the footprint of our proposed Track Development (10 mls).
Frequently Asked Questions
Please note that this FAQ list is not very detailed. A much more comprehensive/detailed list will be available on the website on July 1st and will be mailed to all entrants two weeks before the event.
When does the 10 mile take place?
Saturday the 29th of September 2019 at 9:00am.
How many places are available?
Will anything be posted out beforehand?
No. Numbers, chip, t-shirts will all be collected at registration.
What about medals?
Only when you finish.
When does registration take place?
Friday the 28th from 5-7pm at the Portwest Store Killarney
Saturday the 29th from 7-8.30am at St. Brendan’s College
Is my entry transferable/refundable?
No. Once you enter there is no refund and no transfer.
Are there changing facilities/showers/parking available on the day?
Showers and parking available at the school.
Where does the race begin?
The race begins on the Port Road in Killarney close to the Ballydowney roundabout.
Where does the race finish?
The race finishes with a lap along the proposed track inside the school grounds.
Will there be pacers on the day?
Are there hydration stations on the course?
Yes, at 3 miles and 7 miles approximately.
What is at these stations?
Has the course been measured with a Jones counter?
Yes, it has been professionally measured and certified.
Are there prizes for the top finishers?
There are prizes for the top 3 men and the top 3 women.
Are there any good viewing points for spectators?
Many. Aghadoe is a very good one. The playground/Deenagh lodge area are probably the best as it gives spectators time to get to the finish line before the competitor finishes.
What happens at the finish line?
When you finish there you will be presented with your medal. There is a finisher’s area at the line where competitors can relax and enjoy a hot drink, sandwich, fruit, chocolate bars etc.
When is the prize giving?
At the finish area 29th of September.