The Hardman Killarney 10k
March 10, 2019
- Start: Killarney House.
- Run along Cherry drive into the park.
- Follow the path towards the river.
- Run over bridge towards Deenagh cottage.
- Keeping cottage on right run up Knockreer Hill.
- Run past Knockreer house on left.
- Pass the farm on the right.
- Run over the cattle trap at the top of the hill.
- Follow the road down the hill veering left with the road.
- Cross a cattle trap.
- At the next trap take the road right.
- Come to the small bridge and turn right.
- Follow the river walk all the way to the T-junction.
- Turn right towards Ross castle.
- Turn left before the jarvey stop.
- Run across the car park onto Ross road and turn left.
- Take the left at Reen cottage into the park.
- Run past the sewage treatment turnoff.
- At the small bridge/river turn right along the river walk.
- At the top of the river walk turn right.
- Follow the route back along Cherry drive to the finish.
When does the 10k take place?
Sunday the 10th of March 2019 at 11:00am.
How many places are available?
Will anything be posted out beforehand?
No. Numbers, chip, t-shirts will all be collected at registration.
What about medals?
Only when you finish.
When does registration take place?
9th March at Portwest from 5-7pm
10th March at Portwest from 8-10.30am
Is my entry transferable/refundable?
No. Once you enter there is no refund and no transfer.
Are there changing facilities/showers/parking available on the day?
Parking is available at the nearby car parks. No showers will be available.
Where does the race begin?
The race begins at Killarney House.
Where does the race finish?
The race finishes with a lap along the proposed track inside the school grounds.
Will there be pacers on the day?
Are there hydration stations on the course?
Yes, at the halfway point at approx. 5kms.
What is at these stations?
Has the course been measured with a Jones counter?
Yes, it has been professionally measured and certified.
Are there prizes for the top finishers?
There are prizes for the top 3 men and the top 3 women.
Are there any good viewing points for spectators?
Many. Deenagh Cottage, Ross Castle and Killarney House are particularly good.
What happens at the finish line?
When you finish there you will be presented with your medal. There is a finisher’s area at the line where competitors can relax and enjoy a hot drink, sandwich, fruit, chocolate bars etc.
When is the prize giving?
At the Mountain Festival Basecamp at 1pm.
We have a €7000 prize fund for our Spring Run Series
1st male/female: €300 per race
2nd male/female: €200 per race
3rd male/female: €100 per race
40-44 age group*: €1st male/female: €50 per race
45-49 age group*: 1st male/female: €50 per race
50-54 age group*: 1st male/female: €50 per race
55-59 age group*: 1st male/female: €50 per race
Over 60 age group*: 1st male/female: €50 per race
Wheelchair athlete*: 1st: €50 per race
*only applicable if more than 5 competitors per category
All prizes will be paid half in cash and half in Portwest Outdoors vouchers.