Killarney Mountain Festival 10k
March 29th, 2019
- Start: Killarney House.
- Run along Cherry drive into the park.
- Follow the path towards the river.
- Run over bridge towards Deenagh cottage.
- Keeping cottage on right run up Knockreer Hill.
- Run past Knockreer house on left.
- Pass the farm on the right.
- Run over the cattle trap at the top of the hill.
- Follow the road down the hill veering left with the road.
- Cross a cattle trap.
- At the next trap take the road right.
- Come to the small bridge and turn right.
- Follow the river walk all the way to the T-junction.
- Turn right towards Ross castle.
- Turn left before the jarvey stop.
- Run across the car park onto Ross road and turn left.
- Take the left at Reen cottage into the park.
- Run past the sewage treatment turnoff.
- At the small bridge/river turn right along the river walk.
- At the top of the river walk turn right.
- Follow the route back along Cherry drive to the finish.
When does the 10k take place?
How many places are available?
Will anything be posted out beforehand?
What about medals?
When does registration take place?
10th March at Portwest from 8-10.30am
Is my entry transferable/refundable?
Are there changing facilities/showers/parking available on the day?
Where does the race begin?
Where does the race finish?
Will there be pacers on the day?
Are there hydration stations on the course?
What is at these stations?
Has the course been measured with a Jones counter?
Are there prizes for the top finishers?
Are there any good viewing points for spectators?
What happens at the finish line?
When is the prize giving?
We have a €7000 prize fund for our Spring Run Series
1st male/female: €300 per race
2nd male/female: €200 per race
3rd male/female: €100 per race
40-44 age group*: €1st male/female: €50 per race
45-49 age group*: 1st male/female: €50 per race
50-54 age group*: 1st male/female: €50 per race
55-59 age group*: 1st male/female: €50 per race
Over 60 age group*: 1st male/female: €50 per race
Wheelchair athlete*: 1st: €50 per race
*only applicable if more than 5 competitors per category
All prizes will be paid half in cash and half in Portwest Outdoors vouchers.